Expert opinions needed for this problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Ennismj

Reaction score
About a year ago we had a well drilled 180' with a 20' steel casing and 10 gallons per minute. The property is in a northern state, with the "well" 80' uphill from a lake that is 20k acres. The lake is lowered in the fall to handle winter run off. The design called for 1" polyethelene pitched back to the well with a self draining valve just below the pitless. During winter use the system would be charged then shut down and drained back into the well. The static water level is about 1-2' below the pitless and the auto drain valve just below it. This past weekend we experienced heavy rains and for some reason the water level in the well came up to the pitless adapter yet the water table and lake level is well below where the well is.

What caused the water level to rise in the well? Shouldn't it have remained static? Do I have a leak somewhere?

I am at a loss as to what is going on so any help would be appreciated.

Ennismj

Reaction score
Water table

No doubt the water table did rise after the heavy rains.

Do you think the heavy rains could have caused an increase in hydrostatic pressure on the aquifer causing an increase in the static water level in the well? Can this happen?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks