Exclusions in PEX & Copper Piping Manufacturers’ Warranties

Users who are viewing this thread

dollinger

Reaction score

The Fine Print: Exclusions in PEX & Copper Piping Manufacturers’ Warranties​

Copper: “The manufacturer does not warrant against failure...caused by, contributed in whole or in part by, or resulting from...external causes, where external, physical or chemical qualities produce damage to the Product, such as, without limitation, aggressive water.”
Read the residential copper pipe warranty here.

Uponor (2012 – 2017): “This limited warranty does not apply if the product failure or resulting damage is caused by ... external physical or chemical conditions, including, but not limited to chemically corrosive or aggressive water conditions”
Read Uponor PEX pipe warranty here.

Uponor (2017 – Present): “The warranty does not apply when product failure or resulting damages are caused by...external and internal physical or chemical conditions”
Read Uponor PEX pipe warranty here.

Zurn PEX: “This warranty does not apply and you do not have a right of reimbursement if the failure or resulting damage is cause by... any form of corrosion... or damage attributable to water discharged as part of a systems normal operating process... [or] exposure to harmful, unauthorized or unanticipated chemicals or substances”
Read Zurn PEX pipe warranty here.

Viega: “You do not have a remedy or right of reimbursement under this warranty and the warranty does not apply if the failure or leak or resulting damage is caused by...chemically corrosive or aggressive water conditions.”
Read Viega PEX pipe warranty here.

Sharkbite: “This limited warranty does not apply and you do not have a right of reimbursement if the product failure or resulting damage is caused by...exposure to harmful, unauthorized or unanticipated chemicals or substances or corrosive water conditions”
Read Sharkbite PEX pipe warranty here.

Rehau: “In order for this limited warranty to apply...products must not be exposed to harmful chemicals, aggressive or corrosive water conditions or any external influences that cause damage to the products”
Read Rehau PEX pipe warranty here.

NIBCO PEX: “This warranty does not apply and you do not have a right of reimbursement if the failure or resulting damage is caused by... exposure to damaging chemicals, substances or corrosive water conditions.”
Read NIBCO PEX pipe warranty here.

Apollo PEX: "This Limited Warranty does not apply and you do not have a right of reimbursement if the product failure or resulting damage is caused by...exposure to harmful, unauthorized, or unanticipated chemicals or substances or corrosive water conditions."
Read Apollo PEX pipe warranty here.

Zurn PEX: “This warranty does not apply and you do not have a right of reimbursement if the failure or resulting damage is cause by... any form of corrosion... or damage attributable to water discharged as part of a systems normal operating process... [or] exposure to harmful, unauthorized or unanticipated chemicals or substances”
Read Zurn PEX pipe warranty here.

Viega: “You do not have a remedy or right of reimbursement under this warranty and the warranty does not apply if the failure or leak or resulting damage is caused by...chemically corrosive or aggressive water conditions.”
Read Viega PEX pipe warranty here.

Sharkbite: “This limited warranty does not apply and you do not have a right of reimbursement if the product failure or resulting damage is caused by...exposure to harmful, unauthorized or unanticipated chemicals or substances or corrosive water conditions”
Read Sharkbite PEX pipe warranty here.

Rehau: “In order for this limited warranty to apply...products must not be exposed to harmful chemicals, aggressive or corrosive water conditions or any external influences that cause damage to the products”
Read Rehau PEX pipe warranty here.

NIBCO PEX: “This warranty does not apply and you do not have a right of reimbursement if the failure or resulting damage is caused by... exposure to damaging chemicals, substances or corrosive water conditions.”
Read NIBCO PEX pipe warranty here.

Apollo PEX: "This Limited Warranty does not apply and you do not have a right of reimbursement if the product failure or resulting damage is caused by...exposure to harmful, unauthorized, or unanticipated chemicals or substances or corrosive water conditions."

Gwagg

Reaction score
Thanks for this information. I am a homeowner doing a bathroom remodel. I am neck-deep in PEX information, and warranty was one of the items I cared about. Now I see if I install it, there is no warranty.

dollinger

Reaction score
Thanks for this information. I am a homeowner doing a bathroom remodel. I am neck-deep in PEX information, and warranty was one of the items I cared about. Now I see if I install it, there is no warranty.
Yep, and I can understand they wouldn't want the liability of someone who didn't take the time to learn how to do it right. But I've dome repairs for years and there isn't any warranty then either. I'm not worried about me. I'm worried about the materials failing even if installed correctly!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Unless something has changed you can easily become a trained installer I know for a DIY installer it might be hard to schedule but I got the Uponor in about a half hour if you are doing a repipe and arent starting right away its worth a try to try and set something up in near future with whichever system you are running.

dollinger

Reaction score
Unless something has changed you can easily become a trained installer I know for a DIY installer it might be hard to schedule but I got the Uponor in about a half hour if you are doing a repipe and arent starting right away its worth a try to try and set something up in near future with whichever system you are running.
I could do online training. I have been reading installation manuals so far. I checked Uponor's website and I didn't see a pex course. Do you know if there is one and where to look? Thanks for the suggestion.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I could do online training. I have been reading installation manuals so far. I checked Uponor's website and I didn't see a pex course. Do you know if there is one and where to look? Thanks for the suggestion.
No I dont Ive worked for companies and its routine if you are new with a brand Lets just say Uponor that the rep will come out to a jobsite or office /shop and provide training. they also from time to time have little seminar at supply houses. and they might let you in most are pretty informal and not packed . Ive never heard of the big box stores having these but that might be available . Actually for some gas piping I got my entire certification on line , I will add it is good to read up on product there is a lot of info and some of the minor details can make a differance big differance in long term quality simple things.

dollinger

Reaction score
No I dont Ive worked for companies and its routine if you are new with a brand Lets just say Uponor that the rep will come out to a jobsite or office /shop and provide training. they also from time to time have little seminar at supply houses. and they might let you in most are pretty informal and not packed . Ive never heard of the big box stores having these but that might be available . Actually for some gas piping I got my entire certification on line , I will add it is good to read up on product there is a lot of info and some of the minor details can make a differance big differance in long term quality simple things.
Thank you for your response! I will read the installation manual and watch the manufacturer's videos. I watched a lot of stuff on youtube but its 50-50 if its something to do or not to do!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Back in the mid to late 90's I happened to contact a copper manufacturer to ask them what their warranty was. I was trying to sell a huge repipe with Wirsbo. They told me (over the phone) that they were so confident in their product that they didn't offer a warranty but would pay labor and materials to replace any pipe or fittings found to be defective. Then the guy cited a recent replacement they were doing in Seattle on a 2.5" Type K pipe that had burst its seam... He described exactly one of my projects I was plumbing! They paid for the material replacement and a portion of the labor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks