Eliminate Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

go_hercules

Reaction score
I have a toilet in a storeroom off the garage that I don't use and want to eliminate. It is on a concrete slab. The question is what to do with the drain after I get rid of it. Obviously have to trap the sewer gases. Is there something made that replaces the flange and caps it off?

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a toilet in a storeroom off the garage that I don't use and want to eliminate. It is on a concrete slab. The question is what to do with the drain after I get rid of it. Obviously have to trap the sewer gases. Is there something made that replaces the flange and caps it off?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190920-121341_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190920-121341_Chrome.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 118

go_hercules

Reaction score
That would probably work. But could you think of anything a little more flush, and finished looking? Thanks.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Flush... ha.

Speaking of flush. Break up the concrete, cut the pipe, cap it off properly, patch concrete flush with remaining concrete floor.

Or put a box over it. Outa sight, Outa mind.

go_hercules

Reaction score
Yeah, I missed the flush reference !!!!!! That would work but is a little too extreme since I might want to use it again at some point. Right now would just rather have storage space. Was thinking maybe they made some sort of cap that would do what the plug does but just a little more finished looking. Maybe there is no such beast, figured I would ask in case.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah, I missed the flush reference !!!!!! That would work but is a little too extreme since I might want to use it again at some point. Right now would just rather have storage space. Was thinking maybe they made some sort of cap that would do what the plug does but just a little more finished looking. Maybe there is no such beast, figured I would ask in case.
Take a pic, could be cast, plastic, copper. There are flush fit cleanouts

go_hercules

Reaction score
Can't take a picture, the toilet is still in place until I decide what to do. What is a flush fit cleanout?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
That cap would work fine. Mostly you're keeping sewer gasses out which could be accomplished with a rag.. but you have to plan for worst case scenario of a sewer back up so it must be water tight as well. As long as the bolts can hold the gasket down all the way around it should be fine. I can't tell from the pics on that site how it works tho.. it appears to have tabs that lock it into the Closet bolt channel but not really sure then what the screws are supposed to screw into..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks