Electrolysis question

Users who are viewing this thread

Quack

Reaction score
I've been reading about common plumbing problems and I'm wondering if the way I have currently set up my water softener is going to leave me with an electrolysis problem.

I have a Fleck stainless steel bypass valve. The valve has 2 female threads for the in and out. Per the instructions, I just got 2 copper male threaded couplings, soldered them into a copper pipe, and screwed in. Then, I soldered the rest of the pipe into the water line.

I didn't know much about plumbing when I installed it, so in retrospect, I realize that I may have done something stupid. Would using a male threaded copper coupling into the Fleck stainless steel bypass valve cause electrolysis? I honestly read the installation instructions backwards and forwards, (and have since re-read it), but I see nothing about using a dielectric union or a brass nipple to prevent corrosion.

I'm sure its not hard to fix, but I just would appreciate hearing how you guys would connect copper pipe to a stainless steel female thread.

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks