Ecowater 3500R20 - Brine water level slowly rising & drip from drain line

Users who are viewing this thread

RickLV

Reaction score
Ecowater ERR 3500R20 installed 5 years ago. No issues until a few days ago. The brine tank was full of water. After reading other posts, I installed this new venturi gasket and triggered a manual regenerate. The regeneration completed successfully, but this did not fix the problem. I did another regenerate, and still have problems. The brine water level continues to slowly rise, and I now notice that there is a slow drip from the drain line. The drain line may have been dripping before I replaced the venturi gasket, but I don't know for sure. I was hoping to get some advice before I invest in any more parts, such as this disk kit. I know that some parts are proprietary.

Last edited:

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Disconnect the brine line from the venture housing while the system is in a service mode. Check for a drip. If it drips, that is the cause of the brine tank filling and you will need a seal kit. The dripping to the drain also indicates seals are bad. Remove both disc. Check the end where the 2 meet. They are notorious for cracking where they join.

RickLV

Reaction score
Yes it is dripping out of the bottom of the venturi housing. I do not see any cracks where the inlet and outlet discs come together. Picture attached.

Attachments

• valve-assembly.pdf
    193.5 KB · Views: 912
  • IMG_0159.JPG
    IMG_0159.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 651
Last edited:

RickLV

Reaction score
Are there any EcoWater parts suppliers out there? I need to purchase Replacement Disc Kit - 7218688. SoftWaterSupply.com has this part on back order.

RickLV

Reaction score
After living without soft water for over over 4 years, I finally purchased Replacement Disc Kit 7218688 from SoftWaterSupply.com. I installed the new rotor discs and seals, and the unit is working again. Thanks Mialynette2003, if you are still out there!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks