ECM 3.0 motor ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cuzzinred

Reaction score
On these motors, Do they have delay times programmed into them or does the control board on the unit (gas pack)handle the delay times ? Mine is stopping as soon as the t-stat is satisfied, no delay to purge the heat out of the chamber.

Cuzzinred

Reaction score

Fitter30

Reaction score
Package unit fan is controlled by ignition control module. Both combustion fan and blower cycle the same time. Later units wait 120 seconds after burner shut off your unit didn't say. Heres the install manual page 16 diagram page 10 or 11 blower operation. Unit made by lennox surprised they have this manual on line.
https://pascalliedcdnep.azureedge.net/airease/AirEase_RPGE13_Install.pdf

Cuzzinred

Reaction score
Package unit fan is controlled by ignition control module. Both combustion fan and blower cycle the same time. Later units wait 120 seconds after burner shut off your unit didn't say. Heres the install manual page 16 diagram page 10 or 11 blower operation. Unit made by lennox surprised they have this manual on line.
https://pascalliedcdnep.azureedge.net/airease/AirEase_RPGE13_Install.pdf

Thank you for the info ! I’ve looked high and low for an operational manual, I tested the control board for 24 vac going to the x13 fan (first one I’ve had experience with by the way ) I lost 24 vac as soon as t-stat satisfied. My original thinking was that maybe the module in the x13 held the delay, but now I know it’s the control board .

Thanks again !!!

Cuzzinred

Reaction score
Thank you for the info ! I’ve looked high and low for an operational manual, I tested the control board for 24 vac going to the x13 fan (first one I’ve had experience with by the way ) I lost 24 vac as soon as t-stat satisfied. My original thinking was that maybe the module in the x13 held the delay, but now I know it’s the control board .

Thanks again !!!

Back to the drawing board lol
I installed new control board, same problem !

Cuzzinred

Reaction score
Stat wires pull them off. R to w jumper wire let it fire remove w see what happens
M

Jumped across R-W , works just the same.
What I have notice is my wiring diagram on the unit doesn’t have a red wire coming from contactor to the Heat ACB terminal on control board like the wiring diagram shown in the install manual above.!

Attachments

• 1C53123F-C14F-48D0-9C00-14F67A5146C8.jpeg
    1C53123F-C14F-48D0-9C00-14F67A5146C8.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 109

Fitter30

Reaction score
Never seen a thermostat like the one on the diagram. Any brand or numbers on that stat? Stat terminals 1-6-w-r-c Is there a jumper between R-W at the stat like the diagram? Motor termials 1 to 5- 4 heat, 2 cool, 1 fan only

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Need to know the thermostat? is it a WiFi, a digital or a old mechanical. Thermostats will have a strap option or a program setting for the type of heat. Either fossil fuel (gas or Oil) or Electric heat. Many thermostats control the blower fan to give the results you're looking for. Thought the manual states its a non programmable setting within the furnace design as how long the fan motor starts and ends for each heat cycle.

Your very first question is No, ECM motor speeds are controlled with a low voltage, usually 0-10 volts on one signal lead. You stated that the 24 volts ac goes away when heat cycle ends and the fan motor stops.

Cuzzinred

Reaction score
It’s a standard mercury bulb T-stat,

1EFEC47C-8AEA-4377-8089-0AF5229B4BF3.jpeg
5B78EE34-6019-40DB-B175-EFC366A24C6E.jpeg

Attachments

• 1EFEC47C-8AEA-4377-8089-0AF5229B4BF3.jpg
    1EFEC47C-8AEA-4377-8089-0AF5229B4BF3.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 91

Cuzzinred

Reaction score
Where's the 24 vac disappear? Like Worth wrote. Do have a pic of the motor name plate?
A
Where's the 24 vac disappear? Like Worth wrote. Do have a pic of the motor name plate?

I’ll have to recheck but I believe it was at transformer itself. Motor name plate as in indoor Blower motor ? I’ll try and get it for you.
Seems like it was a genteq motor also

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
That is a classic White-Rogers mechanical thermostat (4 wire) and it has no fan delay function. For heating 24v ac on the red lead (RH), when called for heat the mercury bulb closes the circuit and connects 24v ac to the white lead (W). The FAN "ON" position switches the 24v ac to the Green wire (G lead). This manually turns on the fan motor.

Cuzzinred; Has the fan delay to off of 120 seconds after the heat cycle ended ever work?

Cuzzinred

Reaction score
That is a classic White-Rogers mechanical thermostat (4 wire) and it has no fan delay function. For heating 24v ac on the red lead (RH), when called for heat the mercury bulb closes the circuit and connects 24v ac to the white lead (W). The FAN "ON" position switches the 24v ac to the Green wire (G lead). This manually turns on the fan motor.

Cuzzinred; Has the fan delay to off of 120 seconds after the heat cycle ended ever work?
I can’t say if it ever worked properly, blower stopped working so I replaced it and noticed it wasn’t any delay. I’ve swapped blower with a know good one and replaced the control board, same results. I’m thinking about adding the missing R wire, do you see any problems with that ?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Check to see if there is power coming off the control board to energize that added relay. If not can use a off delay relay w-c and wired the fan the same way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks