Navien Wont open zone valves when stat calls for heat

Users who are viewing this thread

kennyc2389

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Navien NCB-190/080H. Domestic water side operates perfect, heating side however seems to have some issues. I have 2 zones both zones have honeywell yo yo heating stats and and honeywell NC zone valves. When stat is calling for heat i am reading 24v at points on board, the unit ramps up heats my primary loop but never opens the zone valve. If i go into the test parameter i can command the zone valve open and it will open. i command close and it closes... so i can only assume this is a programming issue. I have all the dip switches to off.. and the setup wizard is showing it as a zone controlled unit. I have 1 circulating pump with the 2 zone valves. any help will be gratefully appreciated. runs on natural gas, low altitude, system is completely bled. if i manually open valve whether commanded by unit or using bypass baseboard heats up nicely when stats call for heat.

thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0597 (1).jpg
    IMG_0597 (1).jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 55

kennyc2389

Reaction score
I appreciate your help. I have already done this and triple checked the settings to ensure they did not move. I did notice upon powering the unit up, it must run through checks and you can hear the solenoids clicking. it actually opens the zone valves for a few seconds then lets them close. If i check the com and NC terminals for zone valves on power up you can see the 24v come on, hold for a few seconds then drop back to 0v.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks