Easiest way to replace leaking PVC T fitting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerseymilkman

Reaction score
Have a leaking PVC T fitting behind wall going into sink. Pipes into T fitting are short, I believe 3/4" PVC. What is the easiest way to replace the leaking PVC T fitting ? Or is there another way to go with this problem ? Thank you all for info and advice !

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
3/4" suggests supply side plumbing.
Therefore I would hope that it is CPVC not PVC.
I would cut it out and glue in another.

TedL

Reaction score
You have to cut it out, but that will likely leave you with three pipes too short to use a new fitting of the same type. Options are adding lengths to the three (cut back a few inches from the fitting, if possible), or possibly using a Sharkbite. Its somewhat larger size could possibly make up the lost pipe length.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
leak

You cannot "fix" the leak so you have to cut the fitting out and replace it. It is not likely to be PVC, so you have to know exactly what material it is. Replacing the fitting can be easy, difficult, or impossible depending on the situation, but we cannot see it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks