DWV for new bathroom questions

Users who are viewing this thread

dlink

Reaction score
I am building a brand new bathroom and had a questions regarding the DWV runs. As shown in the pic I have a double sink on one side of the bathroom and a whirlpool tub and seperate shower on the opposite side. I am woundering if I can run a 2" horizontal drain between both fixture and connect all the fixtures to it. The 2" line would then connect into a vertical 3" main drain.
Note the shower would be plumbed with 2", the double sinks 1 1/2 and tie into 1 drain via a 4 way tee with a vertical line going up for the vent and a line going down to connect into the 2" line between all fixtures. The tub would be plumbed 1 1/2.

Please refer to pic

Or does the shower, whirlpool tub and sinks need to connect into the 3" main drain by means of their own run into a wye on the 3' line?

Attachments

• bathroom plumbing.jpg
    bathroom plumbing.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You need to vent EACh fixture separately. The vents can combine 6" above the flood plane of the highest (most inspectors want 42").

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks