Drain & Vent for Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

catk9

Reaction score
Attached is a crude drawing of a proposed drain and vent for a toilet. Do you see anything wrong with it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

IMG (2)..jpg

Jc60618

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
I dont know about your local code but you might have a problem because you are running the vent horizontally.

Last edited:

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Your combo T is upsidedown

Are there any fixtures draining in that stack from an upper floor?. If not, the extra vent is not required. It will use the stack as a vent "Stack vented"
If so, most juresditions will require you to wet vent the toilet if the Y is placed verticle , the way you are showing in the pic

catk9

Reaction score
In my drawing I neglected to show this but the horizontal part of the vent actually slopes upward approximately 1" and it is about a foot long, does that still make it illegal? The vent is the main vent for the toilet. This is a single story house nothing draining into it. And I'm a bit confused about the combo. It is actually a combination wye with 1/8 bend connecting to the main 3" drain pipe on the ground. The direction of flow in the drawing of the drain pipe on the ground is up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks