Drain fly killer & pex

Users who are viewing this thread

clewis5039

Reaction score
Hello,
Seeking input on best non-commercial drain fly killer for home with PVC & pex.
-green gobbler?
-Forid Drain Gel Cleaner, Gentrol IGR Aerosol, and Pyrid?
-diy: 1/2 cup of salt, 1/2 cup baking soda and 1 cup of vinegar?

Thanks everyone.

clewis5039

Reaction score
Fly killer in the drain? In any case, there are no PEX drains or there shouldn't be.

John
I'm looking for a solution to the drain flies; that cleans out the buildup of of in/organic matter on the drain--their food source.

I overthought when I mentioned pex bc that was my previous project. The drains are PVC, pex is for water supply. Obviously I'm not a pro.

So back to the question on the best product to clean out the food source?

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
I'm looking for a solution to the drain flies; that cleans out the buildup of of in/organic matter on the drain--their food source.

Didn't know drain flies was a thing? Regional??

I've seen several solutions that are totally organic and seem to do a great job of removing organic materials from drains and pipes. Green Gobler is one that Home Depot sells and it's got good reviews. In fact, I found this review of the product that addresses gnats from drains, so maybe it's the same issue?

⁦Gnats are no fun and can be so difficult to get rid of in the summer. Yes, there's the hack of using a up of vinegar, but I feel that it does nothing but attract them to your space even MORE. I wanted to get rid of gnats BEFORE they made their way out of the drains. I bought this product and had all hope in it's reviews lol. I must say, this exceeded my expectations! I poured this down all of my drains and within days the gnats were gone!

Good luck

John

clewis5039

Reaction score
I've never had them til I moved to NC. Thanks for the info, I'll probably go with GG.