Drain fly killer & pex

Users who are viewing this thread

clewis5039

Reaction score
Hello,
Seeking input on best non-commercial drain fly killer for home with PVC & pex.
-green gobbler?
-Forid Drain Gel Cleaner, Gentrol IGR Aerosol, and Pyrid?
-diy: 1/2 cup of salt, 1/2 cup baking soda and 1 cup of vinegar?

Thanks everyone.

clewis5039

Reaction score
Fly killer in the drain? In any case, there are no PEX drains or there shouldn't be.

John
I'm looking for a solution to the drain flies; that cleans out the buildup of of in/organic matter on the drain--their food source.

I overthought when I mentioned pex bc that was my previous project. The drains are PVC, pex is for water supply. Obviously I'm not a pro.

So back to the question on the best product to clean out the food source?

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
I'm looking for a solution to the drain flies; that cleans out the buildup of of in/organic matter on the drain--their food source.

Didn't know drain flies was a thing? Regional??

I've seen several solutions that are totally organic and seem to do a great job of removing organic materials from drains and pipes. Green Gobler is one that Home Depot sells and it's got good reviews. In fact, I found this review of the product that addresses gnats from drains, so maybe it's the same issue?

⁦Gnats are no fun and can be so difficult to get rid of in the summer. Yes, there's the hack of using a up of vinegar, but I feel that it does nothing but attract them to your space even MORE. I wanted to get rid of gnats BEFORE they made their way out of the drains. I bought this product and had all hope in it's reviews lol. I must say, this exceeded my expectations! I poured this down all of my drains and within days the gnats were gone!

Good luck

John

clewis5039

Reaction score
I've never had them til I moved to NC. Thanks for the info, I'll probably go with GG.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks