Does Toto washlet outlet have to be on left of toilet? (when using tank in wall toilet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mnoone

Reaction score
I'm modifying my framing for a Toto tank in wall toilet. We're also planning on using a washlet. We're buying the CT426CFGT40#01 kit.

My question is this: My current plan is to put the toilet right next to a shower - with its center 15" from the shower curb. If I were to follow the framing instructions in the attached image my outlet would be above the shower curb. Which I feel like is not optimal, being that it would be colliding with my shower door.

So - I see two options:

1. Install outlet on the right side of toilet, where I have tons of open space
2. Shift toilet over ~4" or so away from shower.

My main question here is: Am I going to be sad if outlet is on the right side of toilet? Would cord even reach? Is it going to look stupid running cord from one side of toilet, under toilet, to the outlet on other side of toilet?

WT173M framing.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The SW3046AT40#01 comes with pretty long connections. Normally you would set up the water to the left as looking at it, but it could also be on the right. The hose would go under the bowl and over to it.

Here is one that has in below the bowl.

Toto-4.jpg

And where they are normally plumbed in.

thu468-06.jpg

Last edited:

Mnoone

Reaction score
Thank you Terry! Two other questions - the manual mentions two different plug types and has different steps for each. We haven't received the washlet yet so it's not clear which type we have. I'm guessing ours will be closer to the one on the left (but the US version of the plug).

Also - what rim height is standard these days? I found mixed messages online - 14.5" in one place, 15-17" in another, 17-19" is ADA requirement I think (but that appears to include toilet seat, not just rim)? I checked our one toilet rim is 16 1/4". The height has never bothered me. But I just checked with my wife (I'm 6', she's 5'1") and she thinks the one toilet may be a bit high. Maybe 15.5" might be good?

Which plug.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks