Do I need a crank case heater for my mini split compressor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Theodore

Reaction score
Hi,
The insulation jacket of my mini split's compressor (SeaBreeze mini split heat pump, model SMZ42H46ZOGX) was partially melted during a brazing repair of an adjacent valve. I tried to order a new one. Manufacturer said they're not available, but sent a $30 crank case heater cable instead. Doesn't the existing unit have one already? I see mention of it when I search for "heater" in the manual (http://www.irproducts.biz/support/parts-manuals/file/6536-smz42h46zogx-service-manual?start=20)
Is this thie way of suggesting to replace it because it may have been damaged too? Photo attached has wires going into compressor insulation, but I'm not if that's an existing heater cable or something else. Advice (i.e. 2nd opinion) appreciated. Thank you.
IMG_9412.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks