Diverter water staying on problem

Users who are viewing this thread

jokerswild

Reaction score
Help !!!

Jumped into the shower to change a diffuser from the faucet in the picture.

I thought after I removed the screw from the clear ball that as long as the nozzle stayed down the water would stay off. Haha -- yeah! I'm a dumbass!!! I dont know what the heck i was thinking. When I unscrewed the fitting from the pipe the water started gushing out. I had to cut the water off from the main in the front of the house -- like I should have done in the first place. That ball thing and a gasket fell out. When I look in the faucet pipe the springs are still in there. Sooooooo.......

After reinstalling the diffuser (the thing you push below the ball to make the shower come on) ( im not even sure its called a diffuser)I tried to install the ball thing and gasket like pictured in the plumbing book I have. Well when I cut the water back on at the road the water started pouring out of the tub faucet without actually being turned on. The diffuser is fixed but I can't get the water turned off -- unless its off at the main --

Did I screw up reinstalling the ball thingy or mess something up when it gushed out?Why is the water coming out without being turned on and What parts do I need -- it is a Delta.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

jokerswild

Reaction score
Sorry about the language.

Thanks for your informative post.I didnt have the rubber seats in with the springs...Thanks again for the help..:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks