Dishwasher tailpiece on kitchen sink help

Users who are viewing this thread

Danno1325

Reaction score
Hello - Im removing a garbage disposal and replacing it with a regular sink strainer and adding a tailpiece with the dishwasher connection on the left basin of our sink. The dishwasher is on the left side of the sink and the P trap and drain connection is on the right side of the sink. I'm having trouble getting me head around how to connect the tailpiece to the strainer then route it to the horizontal pipe to flow to the P trap and drain. My thought was to cut the tailpiece a little and add a 90 to mate up to the horizontal pipe. Is this the correct way to achieve my objective? I have attached a photo of my current plumbing for reference and any recommendations are appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
Your photo did not work. One way if you have enough vertical distance:

white-everbilt-drains-drain-parts-c9121ab-e1_145.jpg
flipped left-right.

Then branch tailpiece on your left, cut to length.
white-everbilt-drains-drain-parts-c9818-e1_145.jpg
Regular tailpiece on the right.

If not enough vertical space, https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/dishwasher-wye.26866/ suggests that a branch extension could go horizontally, between bowls. That may be controversial.

branch-tailpiece-for-dw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks