Dirt Down Drain on Septic System

Users who are viewing this thread

Archmike2021

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! I am currently drawing up a small addition (have not involved a contractor yet) to my house that includes a mud/laundry room and a bonus room. In the mud room we would like to have a dog shower like the image below to wash the mud off my and my son's clothes after playing outside. My concern is that washing all of that mud down the drain may damage my septic system or cause clogs. These dog showers seem to be pretty popular now so I was hoping someone could give me some guidance on what I can do to have the dog shower without causing any damage to my plumbing system. I was hoping there was a grease trap like device that I could use and just keep maintained. Any help would be massively appreciated. Thank you!

chelsea-house-1.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
You can put the bigger one of these over the drain upside down. I do that. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Peerless...trainers-for-Lav-Bathtub-and-Kitchen/17043463

Solids get sucked out when you get your septic tank pumped. I try to minimize non-digestive system solids.

Getting your septic tank pumped sooner than necessary costs a little. Getting your septic tank pumped much later than necessary can be very expensive.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks