difference in vaccum breakers

Users who are viewing this thread

TheNewGuy

Reaction score
I was just wondering what the difference between a high back pressure vacuum breaker and a non high back pressure vacuum breaker is? Thank you :)

Quarterball

In the Trades
Reaction score
can you be a little more specific regarding the application? Lawn sprinkler system, outdoor hose bibb, laboratory, etc. ?

TheNewGuy

Reaction score
Sorry let me be more specific I work as a maintenance supervisor and we use american standard toilets that requires a vacuum breaker (see pics) i have seen two different types, there is this one in that first picture that is listed as not high back pressure then there is the one below it that is listed as a high back pressure vacuum breaker, i was just wondering what the difference is between them

5E546_AS01.jpg
2XU35_AS01.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
really, none. A toilet does not generate a great deal of back pressure, so either one will seal to the inside of the flush tube. I have seen a couple of the bottom ones, but have NEVER used any.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks