Detached Shed Plumbing Job

Users who are viewing this thread

CapstanRec

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This forum is such a great resource.

I'm in the process of fixing a broken sewer line from my detached shed. The problem was detected when I bought the house in my plumbing inspection. My shed used to have a washing machine, dryer, and toilet. This is what I found mid excavation... 4" CI into 4" terracotta (should I say clay?).

Shed_Plumbing_Before.jpg

I eventually found the problem area where the 4" terracotta transitioned from the 45 degree down to the main line that eventually leads to the street. I am not interested in having a water closet in the shed. All I want is a washing machine, dryer, and laundry sink. Can you guys please look at mock up (nothing is glued) and determine if I'm on the right track here.

Several notes:
1. I will remove the existing 4" CI stack
2. I will get the proper 4" clay to 4" PVC fitting (the hub is currently still on 4" clay)
3. Vertical 4" PVC from 4"x4"x3" santee is for a cleanout
4. 3" stack is required for washing machine and laundry sink in my city.
5. 3" will extend up thru roof for venting needs

Shed_Rough2_Small.jpg

Shed_Rough1_Small.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks