Dehumidifier Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff Knecht

Reaction score
Hi All

I want to connect a crawlspace dehumidifier PVC drain to the air handler condensation drain at or near the trap. The air handler is to the left of the photo about 10 feet away. Looking for a design that would be meet the code for NC. Also, is there a universal fitting setup, that can connect to the drain orifice at the air handler, to ease in disconnecting for cleanout? The PVC trap on many commercial buildings, rooftop units, can just be pulled out of the unit to drain or remove gunk when the pan overflows. Friction held them in place, do not remember them falling out on their own.

Yes, it is a nasty-looking drain at the moment.

Thank you.
index.php

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
You could replace the long run of pipe the heads out of frame in the picture with a 1" pipe and use fittings to make a "receiver" using a 2"x1" reducer. Let both lines drop into this receiver. You need to do this after the trap obviously. That would also allow you to thread the trap off to clean it.

You don't want to pipe several things, that run independently, together. Your dehumidifier could out run your ac or vice versa and cause issues. Plus they are different types of condensate. Then, when there are issues you don't really have any good clues as to what's happening because it's happening in the pipe and you can't see into the pipe.

You may need to rebuild your trap or buy a ready made trap. To make the dimensions and slope line up.

Rectorseal 83114 2 EZ 113B Trap Kit with Brush https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BMUFSG...abc_Q9YDHBPA921TK678P9CG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
My 5 ton runs on 3/4 as do all the ones I see. PVC pipe is cheap enough just run a second one for de humid. to eliminate any doubts. the existing one looks ok you could re trap it if you got a better idea

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks