CSV Experiences

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hi folks, Looking for feedback from homeowners or DIY folks who have used a CSV Vs. the traditional pressure tank/pressure switch. Are you happy with it, or sorry you went down this road? Its not the solution that most well guys sell, but much more affordable.

I have another thread going with folks who install/sell them and getting great information as to how they work, but looking to hear from any homeowners who went down this road and their feedback. good or bad

thanks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Lol! Good luck. People who have a CSV do not have pump problems and rarely come back to the forums. The CSV they installed has just made water come out of the faucet so dependably for 30 years or so, they forget the CSV made that possible. Or better yet, the original installer of the CSV is long dead and gone and the new home owner has never had to look at it. I have "testimonials" from customers that are over 30 years old. I have called a few and the "old guy" is no longer there. RIP or retired. The pump system is still running but no one has even opened the well house door, and couldn't tell me anything about the pump system. Even had some tell me that after working flawlessly for 25-30 years, they had a small problem like a pressure switch. But the pump man came in and said that CSV has been your problem the whole time and replaced it with an expensive VFD I guarantee won't last a fraction as long as the CSV. You would think if the CSV worked for that long they would want to go back with exactly the same thing?

Not trying to deter you from your efforts. I hope a few respond. But their water system is the furthest thing from the minds of most CSV users. They don't have to think about it ever again and you can find them in other forums doing things they enjoy instead. :)

Reaction score
Not doubting your product, and have no problem installing it, and a hell of a lot cheaper than a reg 45 Gal tank setup. Not interested in vfd - too fancy for me. I still have to work with my local well guy for any other issues that come up. I just want to be 100% sure on which way I go.

Bannerman

Reaction score
The reviews that Valveman has provided the link to, were offered mainly by independent homeowners that are CSV users, but it's likely, most will just not be members on this forum.

Most pump guys do not understand how a CSV functions. If you ask his/her opinion, they may attempt to scare you into not using one, giving the excuse that it will damage the pump.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Not doubting your product, and have no problem installing it, and a hell of a lot cheaper than a reg 45 Gal tank setup. Not interested in vfd - too fancy for me. I still have to work with my local well guy for any other issues that come up. I just want to be 100% sure on which way I go.
Most local well guys are not beyond learning something new. Or in the case of the CSV, learning something they have been told is bad for pumps for 30 years, would not still be around if it really was bad for pumps.

If you read through our hundreds of reviews you will see a few that say "Installed the CSV several years ago and still working great". Or, "Had a CSV on my last house for 15 years and worked so well ordered another for my new house". But those are the ones I get to talk to a second time years later, which is rare. In the pump business, nobody calls as long as water is coming out of their faucets, so no news is good news. :)

Because the CSV works so well and makes pumps last so long we rarely hear from our customers ever again. But the pump manufacturers have been trying for 30 years to make installers think the CSV is bad for pumps, because just exactly the opposite is true.

Brian94

Reaction score
Been plenty happy with mine. Good customer service and help. Why have a huge uneeded pressure tank taking up a huge foot print? Can even use a bigger pump, no short cycling. Constant pump pressure.

As Cary stated. All those reviews on site are legit unpaid.

Let me know if you have any questions. Cost of this is less then conventional set up.

People are under impression that they have large water storage when power goes with big PT, which isn't the case.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240111-143036_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240111-143036_Gallery.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20240111-143055_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240111-143055_Gallery.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20240111-143047_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240111-143047_Gallery.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 52

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Been plenty happy with mine. Good customer service and help. Why have a huge uneeded pressure tank taking up a huge foot print? Can even use a bigger pump, no short cycling. Constant pump pressure.

As Cary stated. All those reviews on site are legit unpaid.

Let me know if you have any questions. Cost of this is less then conventional set up.

People are under impression that they have large water storage when power goes with big PT, which isn't the case.
Thanks Brian! Do you agree with my statement, "People who have a CSV do not have pump problems and rarely come back to the forums"? It is my only explanation for why after over 30 years and hundreds of thousands of CSV's working I rarely hear back from any of those people. As an old pump man I have always known "no news is good news", as that means all my customers still have water. I appreciate you chiming in and just wonder what brought you back to the forum?

JoeJee

HVAC Contractor
Reaction score
Installed mine a few years ago with no problems. I kept my 30-40 gal tank b/c we have it set to higher pressure. We have a shop up an hill. Enjoy the constant pressure for watering lawn and long showers.

I would recommend one.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your feedback. @Brian94 Thanks for the photo I am curious about what your setup is. Do you have water running through PVC? just curious, if this is something I should consider.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Thanks everyone for your feedback. @Brian94 Thanks for the photo I am curious about what your setup is. Do you have water running through PVC? just curious, if this is something I should consider.
Looks like CPVC, but that and PVC are common on well systems. But pretty much whatever kind of pipe you have or want to use will work, including copper, galvanized, pex, or poly.

I also appreciate the feedback. But still wondering if I am right about people with a CSV never coming back to the forum because they no longer have pump problems?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks