Could I locate my brine tank 40 ft from my softener?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
I had wrongly assumed that the pressure tank connected right to the spigot. I now see that there is usually some filter element between those. So keeping just the tank up top would not help in that case.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
LLigetfa, if your RO unit is mounted lower than the tank, the flow from the tank will usually drop back down to the RO unit before flowing to the kitchen faucet regardless.
The weight of the falling water cancels out the weight of it rising back up to the same elevation, so it is only the friction loss over the distance to factor.

That said, the carbon polishing filter is a mere 6 inches below the floor joist, so the elevation change between it and the tank is less than a foot.

Reach4

Reaction score
The weight of the falling water cancels out the weight of it rising back up to the same elevation, so it is only the friction loss over the distance to factor.
So you might get 50% or 90% of that back then.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks