Copper Pipe Sizing and Fixture Calculations

Users who are viewing this thread

stanbasie

Reaction score
Hi,

I've tried to test my understanding of water supply, fixtures, and this handy sizing chart by doing a hypothetical replumb (copper) for my home. I'm hoping that more experienced folks can tell me how I did.

Notes:

• It's a small house, so I'm pretty sure everything falls well under the 80-foot threshold.
  • For simplicity, the diagram combines the laundry sink+washer as well as the kitchen sink+dishwasher.
  • The service line is 3/4".
  • The main cold water run to the water heater is already plumbed in 3/4" copper, which is why I kept that sizing even though I calculated the total units (20) to be slightly over the limit of 19. (Is this okay?)

Thanks in advance for any feedback, corrections, suggestions, or additional reading...

Water pipe sizing, UPC

Water Supply Plan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks