Copper pipe needs slight bend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Will C.

Reaction score
Two handle faucet installed but copper inlet on the left is at a slight angle causing in to leak. Is there anyway to correct this without starting over with new copper bent with a different offset. The left inlet needs to be more vertical like the hot in the second picture. This was just using what inlet pipe was already there. Thank you

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 62
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 58

Fitter30

Reaction score
Unscrew the union, bottom half of union, heat and pull the male adaptor. Clean pipe with sand cloth and use new adaptor. Wear cloth gloves, don't touch the clean copper with bare finger, after preheating fitting heat the threads so solder will be pulled in. Always use two wrenches with screwed fittings keeps pipefrom twisting.

Will C.

Reaction score
Unscrew the union, bottom half of union, heat and pull the male adaptor. Clean pipe with sand cloth and use new adaptor. Wear cloth gloves, don't touch the clean copper with bare finger, after preheating fitting heat the threads so solder will be pulled in. Always use two wrenches with screwed fittings keeps pipefrom twisting.
Thanks for the reply, but I've never soldered, I was hoping that it might be something a I could do without calling a plumber. Its not leaking at the arrow, arrow was to show where it needs to be more vertical so the adaptor fits straight into the faucet. It's leaking at the the union due to the adaptor not fitting straight into the faucet. not at the copper pipe and male adaptor.

Last edited:

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is this soft copper? If so it should bend into whatever shape you want. The rub is that when you bend it it'll get slightly shorter.

If there's a rubber gasket in the union bend the pipe so it aligns better and remove the rubber gasket and tighten the union without the gasket in as a dry run to try to form the copper to the shape you need. Then put the rubber gasket bak in place and retighten it.

Fitter30

Reaction score
If you bend it and it's out of round after it's not leaking. Take a adjustable wrench
( crescent wrench) set it to the o.d . of the pipe move it back and forth over the kink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks