Converting a cast iron hot water radiator to steam (single pipe)

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by wilked, Apr 2, 2021.

1. wilked

wilked New Member

In this case it is a Sunrad radiator. I see what might be a plugged vent in the top right? The seller has it installed as a hot water system at moment.

[​IMG]

What I am picturing potentially is to plug the radiator outlet, install a vent, and ensure it is pitched to the steam pipe.

I have other Sunrad radiators in my house and they work great (one example below). In this case the vent is on the side of it

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. fitter30

fitter30 Well-Known Member

Retired service tech
    I'm not familiar with this brand but look on the sides 2 /3 up for a 1/8" pipe plug its made for a air vent for steam. Notice the air vent out the front should be able to use it but the rest of the piping if not already pitched will have to be for correct operation.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Attached Files:

4. wilked

wilked New Member

I'll check - thanks!