Controling Navien NPE internal recirculation pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Monguila

Reaction score
Hopefully, my experience will help someone.

I just installed Navien's HotButton with a "12V 15A Momentary contact switch - RM11," which I picked up from eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/350575987090?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649.

Easy installation all around and it works great wirelessly. I purchased an additional remote (the kit comes with 2) so I have 1 in the kitchen and 1 at each bathroom.

Note than Navien's level 2 support indicated that parameter 16 (length of hot supply line) should be set to maximum, 660. Parameter 12 (time the pump is on) should be set to 5, the default value. The pump will stop when a) the water temp reaches 100 degrees OR b) the 5 minutes elapse. In my case, the pump stops after 2+- minutes after reaching 100 degrees.

Hey Siri

Reaction score
Trying to hook up a wireless Hot Button to my new NPE-210A2. I tested the switch before hooking it up … works as advertised (see illustration, top). Then I hooked it up to the Hot Button board (see illustration, middle). Doesn't work — +12V is being constantly supplied to the signal terminal, regardless of the switch. I also tried connecting the switched 12V to the SIGNAL 2 terminals (illustration bottom), that doesn't work either.

Note that the Hot Button connections are different on the NPE A2 series than on the NPE A series discussed above.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 3.20.52 PM.png

Ramuk

Reaction score
Just to present another option. I used a 2 channel WiFi relay based of a ESP8266. It allows connectivity to Alexa or google.

2-Ch Tuya WiFi Momentary Inching Relay Self-Locking Switch Module,DC 7-32V APP DIY tasmot Remote Control Garage Door Opener, Compatible with Alexa Echo Goolge Home IFTTT (tuya 2 Channel Relay) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097DC2PH3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_V86Q0CM3DGMK5MM1B521

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks