Connecting a British toilet in the US

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Sean M, May 14, 2018.

  1. Sean M

    Sean M New Member

    May 14, 2018
    I purchased a snazzy "european" style toilet replacement only to find myself in a little conundrum installing. The water supply connection point is 1/2" BSPP threading (male, img_6160).

    This obviously doesn't fit the typical 7/8" ballcock water supply line one typically finds in the US (img_6156).

    Question, if not obvious, is how should I go about getting this toilet connected?

    I've not found *any* 7/8" adapters. I have found 1/2" BSPP to NPT, but I would still need some sort of flexible hose to get from there to the cpvc line. To slightly complicated matters, I'd really love to also connect a 7/8" female to male sprayer (img_6155), which I don't see how I can do that at all (as I've not found any NPT-to-7/8" adapters)...

    Any help appreciated.

    Attached Files:

  2. jadnashua

    jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

    Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    IF the hole in the tank is compatible, it might be easiest to just replace the fill valve in the tank with a US one. IT would then also be easier to find replacement parts. Remove the nut on the bottom holding it in, pull it out, measure the ID of the hole and see if a US valve will fit and seal. Suggest one of the Korky's that has an adjustable balance valve to keep the tank/bowl fill proper. A new Korky is probably less than $15, and likely to be cheaper than buying a bunch of adapters, if you can find them.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. Reach4

    Reach4 Well-Known Member

    Sep 25, 2013
    I think you are saying that you want to get from your CPVC pipe to the bottom thread on IMG_6155.jpg. You are saying, I think, that you have located an adapter that can go there, and that gives you a 1/2 MNPT thread to connect to?

    You want to put a valve on the CPVC, and those have various types of outputs, with the most common being 3/8 compression. You would then want to find a flex line that can connect 3/8 compression to 1/2 NPT. Those are commonly available I think. Lots of choice of length. for example,
  5. Sean M

    Sean M New Member

    May 14, 2018
    Thanks for the suggestion. I took the fill valve out and discovered a standard faucet supply 1/2" FIP has nearly identical threading (14tpi). Going to give that a try along with a 3/8" splitter for the sprayer (removing the 7/8" splitter).
Similar Threads: Connecting British
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Donut Size Connecting PVC Pipe To Cast Iron Hub Yesterday at 6:45 PM
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Connecting cellar drain to septic line Sep 8, 2020
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Question: Connecting vents below flood height of highest fixture? Aug 3, 2020
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Connecting an HVAC condensate line to cleanout Jul 29, 2020
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Connecting Washing Machine Branch to Existing Drain Cleanout in Basement Jul 25, 2020

Share This Page