Confused about direction of bathroom fan flapper

Users who are viewing this thread

Curiousv

Reaction score
What should be correct orientation - it does not say up or down ..it just say fan side or duct side
and flapper goes only one way but I removed it from the new fan and now I don't remember which way it should go
IMG_20240503_185632664.jpg
IMG_20240503_185645854.jpg

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
What should be correct orientation - it does not say up or down ..it just say fan side or duct side
and flapper goes only one way but I removed it from the new fan and now I don't remember which way it should goView attachment 98733View attachment 98732

I can't tell much from your photo. My "best guess" here is that the WRITING would be FACING THE READER

Curiousv

Reaction score
I can't tell much from your photo. My "best guess" here is that the WRITING would be FACING THE READER
Writing on the both side - one side say fan side and other side say - duct side

But on the 1st pic - 'fan side' would read upside down but on the 2nd pic - it reads fan side -normally
so I guess as per the 2nd pic is correct side? (in which I read letters normally?)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks