Concentric venting tankless (natural gas)

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevinjm4

Reaction score
For a vent pipe like the one pictured, how far beyond the siding must/should the vent extend? I imagine as long as the intake holes can get outside air into them plus a few inches, but I don’t want to just take an educated guess. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9302.jpeg
    IMG_9302.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

TJRAD

Reaction score
Usually you use a horizontal concentric vent kit to terminate like this one from rheem. the vent cap goes directly on the finished wall usually 4 feet away from any window or door and 12" above ground level.
Rheem RTG20231
Good Luck
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 2.16.32 PM.png

Kevinjm4

Reaction score
Usually you use a horizontal concentric vent kit to terminate like this one from rheem. the vent cap goes directly on the finished wall usually 4 feet away from any window or door and 12" above ground level.
Rheem RTG20231
Good Luck
View attachment 98192
Would this be used with my pipe? Would my pipe connect into your 90 and vent up? Or are you showing me typically this is all that’s needed on an exterior wall install and just vents direct outside. not sure I understand. Thanks

TJRAD

Reaction score
The manufacture of your tankless heater should have a recommended horizontal termination kit. The model I posted is for a Rheem Tankless and its concentric 3x5 vent pipe. If your heater is another manufacture like bosh, tekagi or renai the vent could be different and the part number I provided wouldn't work. What brand is your tankless heater? Here is a picture of the Rheem vent on the finished wall. The 90 degree elbow goes on top of the tankless to turn your vent horizontal. then once you are outside the wall, the finished cap.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 2.46.39 PM.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks