New Tankless Venting Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve Soldo

Reaction score
Back house has an indoor located Bosch Aquastar that died. Never really worked that well anyway. So I need to replace it. Need a smaller unit, as there are only 2 sinks and one shower.

The water and gas hookups are easy. This will need to be wired, and that is not difficult either. There is no drain nearby, so I will need a noncondensing unit.

I really like the Navien units, have one in my main house. Problem is that all of the Navien noncondensing units have concentric venting.

Question: Is it feasible to "upgrade" the existing standard 5 inch venting to concentric venting without doing a lot of construction? Alternatively, I will have to choose another vendor with a separate air intake. What vendors would be recommended.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Your pressure release on water heater has to go to the outside, so condensing drain to outside is the way to go.
I wouldn't touch concertric again ever, waste of money for poor effeciency gas compared to 96% condensing...and PVC vent

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks