Compression Fitting Compatibility?

Users who are viewing this thread

BrandonV

Reaction score
I'm looking at converting a 3/8" soft copper supply line to 3/8" polyethylene for an RO system.

I found a Lasco supply valve that is 3/8" compression on both sides. If I switch out one end for a Delrin compression ring and use a brass insert on the polyethylene side should I be good to go?

The packaging says its compatible with copper pipe but I'm wondering if there is anything else I should be looking out for?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes you should be good with what you want, but there is a danger of slipping. It has to be done correctly and the pipe supported on both sides as wiggling can cause a failure. The push connect fittings are common for drinking fountains and ro systems like this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks