Cole & Massey P30 Softener

Users who are viewing this thread

whitlbc

Reaction score
I have a Cole & Massey P30 softener and can not find a manual for it. I have two tanks and the salt brine tank. I need to change the resin in the system and need the information on doing this. Do you have any suggestions? I bought the unit used and it worked fine in the beginning. Now it seems to not keep the water as soft as it did. Also I have a rotten egg smell when showers are taken. I have shocked the well in the past and it gets rid of the problem for about six months.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Brian

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Pictures please. Cole and Massey had a few valves that I am aware of. The 6600 series (Ugh) a proprietary 5600 and a 5600SE. We also need information on your water. When was the last time you tested your well?

whitlbc

Reaction score
IMG_2866.jpgIMG_2869.jpgIMG_2871.jpgIMG_2873.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
I am guessing it was the white tank's job to deal with the rotten egg smell.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks