Cloudy water after backflushing

Users who are viewing this thread

Richard Cropper

Reaction score
Update.

After some research today I am thinking this may be iron bacteria... Could it be possible that the iron bacteria is in the softener? Or would it be coming from the well. I would of thought that if it was coming from the well it would of been caught in the water test since I bypassed it making me think there may be a problem in the softener. Ideas?

Last edited:

benderino

Reaction score
Update.

After some research today I am thinking this may be iron bacteria... Could it be possible that the iron bacteria is in the softener? Or would it be coming from the well. I would of thought that if it was coming from the well it would of been caught in the water test since I bypassed it making me think there may be a problem in the softener. Ideas?

Hello Richard it's been a week since your last post here, any updates?

Richard Cropper

Reaction score
Hello Richard it's been a week since your last post here, any updates?

After talking to some people and some more research I believe the dingy tea colored water ended up being IRB. I had noticed that the RO system had been getting slow as well so I pulled the filters out of it and the sediment filter was clogged with a slimy "teaish" colored material. So I shocked the well and plumbing, ran off for several hours and I am going to be installing a sediment filter sometime this week that will hopefully help keep some of that from getting into the plumbing within the house. While flushing the whole system I did notice a lot of debris and discoloration coming out so hopefully I did a good job of the disinfection.

WellOff

Reaction score
Richard, a "filter" will NOT deal with IRB. You have to kill IRB, and you look to do this early in your system to reduce fouling. I use H2O2 injection before a contact tank to do this task. With the IRB killed you can filter it, and the iron that it was holding on to, out. I cannot speak to any of your other issues.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks