Cleaning a sanagloss surface Cefiontect

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by shimmies99, May 7, 2011.

1. shimmies99

shimmies99 New Member

Can I use regular bowl cleaner, tidy bowl, lysol whatever- to safely clean sana gloss toto? It says don't use acid or alkaline, but I assume they mean extreme acid or alkaline such as pure bleach. thanks

2. SteveW

SteveW DIY Senior Member

Yes, any of those are OK.

You don't want to use abrasives, like Ajax, Comet, Barkeeper's Friend, Bon Ami...

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cefiontect_instructions.pdf

• Use a mild dish detergent to clean your lavatory.
    • Use a gel-based toilet bowl cleaner.
    • Use a soft cloth to clean your lavatory.
    • Use a soft-bristled plastic brush to clean your toilet.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2017
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. PirateFoxy

PirateFoxy New Member

So I'm thinking for our new Vespin the Clorox disposable toilet wand is out?

Any recommendations for a toilet brush that is good and safe for the toilet but rinses clean easily after use? I dislike normal toilet brushes because the bristles just seem designed to harbor germs.

5. Meenie

Meenie New Member

The instructions with mine are specific:
    "DO use a gel based cleaner
    DO NOT use bleach, chemical thinners, or products include acid or alkaline detergents in their ingredients"

It does not say its OK if the product has just a little of those things!

My question, then, is what to use. The bowl cleaner I used to use (Lysol) has hydrochloric acid, so that's out.
    I looked up gel toilet cleaners and two came up... Clorox - which contains BLEACH so that's no good
    And scrubbing bubbles, a disc you stick onto the side of the bowl!
    So what gel product is out there for this toilet??

6. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I don't have an official recommendation. I have tried those things that were said to be too strong. They were not strong enough for a narrow stubborn ring, but I did not notice damage after using them. Pumie brand pumice stick was effective. It may have done invisible damage, but it was the only thing that worked for me.

Go at potential rings and deposits early, before you see anything, so it does not come to that with you.

7. glbnow

glbnow New Member

What specifically is meant by "mild dish detergent"?
    Dish-washing soap (like Dawn) or a gel that goes in your automatic dishwasher (like Cascade)?

I have bad hard water stains in the very bottom of the bowl (the visible part of the trap, not sure if this section has a name)
    Does the Sanagloss extend to this region, or am I free something non-Sanaglass friendly in this part?