Clean Cement Splatter on Water Piping

Users who are viewing this thread

armen

Reaction score
Hello all. I would really appreciate some expert advice here. I had some stucco work done on my cellar walls and cement splattered and dried on my copper water pipes. I tried to clean it using a non corrosive concrete dissolver spray but it wasn't effective. Here is a picture. Would love to get some advice. I am happy to just replace the pipes too, if that's not really cost prohibitive. Thank you.
upload_2019-12-29_11-41-49.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score
Copper?

You are looking to improve the appearance I think. Maybe try a Scotchbrite pad if a general purpose cleaner on a shop rag does not do it.

For the pipes, you could replace that black insulation easily, but maybe use the next size up. For the stuff you cannot put the insulation on, you could paint or use a decorative tape, or wrap with rope/macrame. Don't paint the underside of the big bronze casting on the left. What the heck is that? Looks like whatever hangs from that has been removed.

If this is not just an appearance thing, ignore the stucco spatters.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
A brass wire brush, don't use a steel one. Scotch Brite pads have generally four abrasions by color, brown, green, blue, white. From brown the most course to white for polishing. When my dad had nothing to do during the winter in the basement workshop, he would actually polish the copper pipes near the oil furnace using steel wool or brillo pads. :)
Concrete or grout remover are generally a mild solution of muriatic acid. Good choice that you tried the non corrosive product but any product claiming to be safer and better or for the environment never work.

armen

Reaction score
A brass wire brush, don't use a steel one. Scotch Brite pads have generally four abrasions by color, brown, green, blue, white. From brown the most course to white for polishing. When my dad had nothing to do during the winter in the basement workshop, he would actually polish the copper pipes near the oil furnace using steel wool or brillo pads. :)
Concrete or grout remover are generally a mild solution of muriatic acid. Good choice that you tried the non corrosive product but any product claiming to be safer and better or for the environment never work.
thanks for your reply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks