Clack WS1 (hissing sound and no soft water)

Users who are viewing this thread

cyclism

Reaction score
I've had this system now for about 10 years and had the resin redone once about 2 years ago. I cleaned the injector, it wasn't clogged, but checked for the pin hole. The hissing sound only occurs when the valves are open, if I close off the system it goes away. Water does not seem to get any lower in the brine tank, get's to an overflow outlet and I up up draining it sometimes, however this is not always the case. It just never gets lower like it did the first 9 years or so. I'm not really sure what to check at this point. Hard for me to tell exactly where the hiss comes from, definitely near the control head area. This has been going on for a few months now.

Bannerman

Reaction score
Sounds like it maybe a leak to drain. It also sounds as though the brine is not being drawn, but is refilling at the end of each regeneration cycle.

While you stated the resin was replaced 2 years ago, you didn't mention if the valve was also serviced. From your description, it sounds like the seal and spacer stack may need to be replaced, possibly including the piston.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks