Clack Drain Line Leaking at Polytube Elbow/Nut (new unit)

Users who are viewing this thread

meerkat

Reaction score
I have a new Clack WS1EE unit. Install went fine except for the drain line. The system came with a 5/8 OD, 1/2 ID poly drain line, polytube insert, and 3/4 drain elbow nut. I put the insert into the end of the tube. I was able to insert it fully. I slid the tube all the way into the elbow as far as it would go, then tightened down the nut. I tested the Regen cycle and the drain line nut is spurting out water. When I look inside the drain elbow, it's just plastic. The polytube insert rests inside the elbow, and the nut just kind of holds it there. I don't see how this plastic-on-plastic connection would ever be water tight. My old softener had a compression ring that sealed the drain connection. As a temporary measure, I placed an O-ring around the drain line between the elbow and the nut, and it actually stopped the leak. I know this isn't the proper fix, so I'm looking for suggestions as to why my drain line is leaking, and what I can do about it.

meerkat

Reaction score
Yes, it's the nut that says POLYTUBE INSERT ONLY. It's a black tubing that's not all that soft. It's quite hard, actually. It came rolled up in a coil. When you say PX tubing, are you referring to PEX? If so, how is one supposed to connect the black tubing I got with the unit?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks