Change shower to wet vent

Users who are viewing this thread

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
An excerpt from Charlotte's cast iron catalog. Dimensions not directly comparable, as it's no hub. But looks very similar to me.

Cheers, Wayne

Capture.JPG

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
What I don't know is if they are good for back to back WCs, or if they still allow one WC to disrupt the water in the bowl of the other like a double san-tee would.

Cheers< Wayne

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
What I don't know is if they are good for back to back WCs, or if they still allow one WC to disrupt the water in the bowl of the other like a double san-tee would.

Cheers< Wayne
Im not sure either I dont do a lot of back to back havent done one in some time . pretty sure a fig 5 meets code its the only fitting Ive used . If I was doing one now Id be wanting to find out for sure whether the function is good with fig 5 or double combi

snafflekid

Electrical Engineer
Reaction score
I have a quick, probably silly question, but I am being extra cautious.

When changing the vertical wet vents to 2" from the current 1 1/2" which transition is allowed/required?

san tee.png

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't quite follow the predicate of the question, but the two options in your picture are 100% equivalent.

Cheers, Wayne

Reach4

Reaction score
Another setup to consider is 2x2x2 as a santee, with another fitting above used as a cleanout, possibly a 2" x 2" x 2" upside-down Sanitary Tee, or a cleanout tee with a bushing in the higher port heading up to the roof?

Would that be a permissible place to reduce the vent path from 2 inch to 1.5 inch going up? Logic says yes to me, but that doesn't count.

snafflekid

Electrical Engineer
Reaction score
This sanitary tee is where the lavatory drains FYI. The gist of my question is does the body of this san tee have to be 2" or 1 1/2" dia. or does it matter? Because it appears these tees have 1 1/2" diameter body. I don't have one in front of me to measure, but I will do that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks