Ceiling Fan & LED Lighting

Users who are viewing this thread

Christo

Reaction score
I am trying to get led lighting wired to the Lutron Caseta Wireless
Dimmer & Remote. I also installed a remote controlled ceiling fan.
The lighting and fan have been wired together from a black & white feed
that runs to a single pole switch. The junction box has one cable that
has a black & white and the other cable has black (hot) white & red.
The switch is connected by one black from the first cable and one
black from the second cable. How am I able to operate the dimmer
and fan separately. Hope I explained this properly as I am new to this.
Thanks for any assistance.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Not all dimmers work with LED lamps. If you get this working the way you want there is a chance the dimmer may not work so start with incandescent lamps to get it to work, then try the LED lamps.

Christo

Reaction score
Perhaps I did not explain all completely. Currently the fan & lighting are tied in together
going to a switch. This is not working as the wireless is not functioning.
I'm thinking if I just run the lighting off the switch and tie in a power source from the attached
photo to run the remote fan, this should do it. My question is can I tap into the other end of
the receptacle as the fan has just a white and black & ground.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 249

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Is the receptacle in the ceiling? Yes you can but you need to bring both black and white from this receptacle to the fan box. BUT first you must look at how the wireless device is made. Can it dim the light when the power from the light is from another source? Does this wireless device have two complete circuits independent of one another. You need to check that the power for the current light and motor set up is on the same phase and this receptacle you want to use. If both circuits are on two phases you have a potential of 220v in the fan box.

Generally, when a home is wired for ceiling fans, from the wall switch to the ceiling fan box will be three wires, black (non-switched) for the fan motor that is switched on and off with its pull switch. The red wire is switched at the wall to bring power to the fan blue (light) wire and of course white for the neutral. This configuration allows the use of the red wire to switch the fan motor if a light kit is not used.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks