Cast iron under slab issue

Users who are viewing this thread

wed68

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
We live in a house on a slab in South Louisiana, no basements. We noticed water coming up from slab cracks on carport when we ran washing machine, also has slow drain in bath tub. We knew we had problems with drain line under slab. Local plumber came out and ran snake through 2 inch line in question and cleared pluggage. We no longer have water coming up thru slab and the bathtub drains great now. The issue I have is the cast iron line has been compromised, either at a joint or more then likely corroded and broken on bottom of pipe at some point. Any idea how long I have before I have to tunnel under slab and replace line? Is it possible I will be fine for a few years as is? Or do I need to line up a tunneling crew?

Love the forum and Thanks in advance for the advice.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
you could be ok for years to come but stopped up drains arent good nor are cracked slabs. question is very general . like how long will a water heater last ?. could be just a bad joint. or whole house could need repipe

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks