Cast Iron Shower drain on concrete

Users who are viewing this thread

Tony T

Reaction score
Hi everyone, long time lurker, and need some help.

I'm remodeling my parents house. The Bathroom is giving me some questions. I live in San Jose, CA

It used to be a fiberglass shower tub/encloser. I'm converting it to a full tile shower. Will be using Cast iron shower drain flange, with linear drain. The cast iron shower drain has no connections and needs to be clamped to ABS p trap.

My questions are
1. a. since i need to fill in the concrete around the flange, can I still use the no hub coupler clamp?
b. will it be ok to fill the hole with concrete and cover all the no hub coupler clamp and abs pipe?
c. I have read that i need to fill area with some dirt/gravel before filling it with concrete, but the abs pipe is so close to the top of the sub floor, if i fill it my concrete will be very thin. Does anyone have an idea of what i can do

Attachments

• IMG_20170322_144421.jpg
    IMG_20170322_144421.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 289
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks