Caroma Somerton Wall Hung toilet - What is the trapway size??

Users who are viewing this thread

Caroma Wanna Have

Reaction score
We would like to use the Caroma Somerton Wall Hung toilet bowl in our upcoming renovation but cannot find information on the trapway size on the Caroma USA website. The floor drain toilets all mention the Caroma Signature trapway; 2X larger than industry standard, but the wall toilets don't mention the Caroma Signature trapway. Also, are the Caroma floor drain toilets still a 4" trapway? After reading the multiple discussions on this website about the Caroma Sydney toilets handling large, hard BM's without clogging I would sure like to use them. I am hoping the wall mount styles also have the large trapway.

Reach4

Reaction score
I expect a claim of 2X larger than industry standard would refer to cross-section area rather than diameter. That would correspond to the diameter being 1.4X as large.

Caroma Wanna Have

Reaction score
Thank you! I didn't see your answer until today. I was able to contact a representative for Caroma and was told it is the same trapway size as other Caroma floor mount toilets.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
The "standard in-wall" systems that ALL wall hung toilets utilize from all brands have a smallish tube connecting the bowl.
So, no mfrs wall mount will be larger that any other.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks