Can I run 14-3 Romex for a separate circuit behind a work box?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jb9

Reaction score
I am in the midst of planning a SIP electrical layout. As folks may or may not know, SIPs are structural insulated panels and wiring them takes a bit of planning and foresight. I will have 1 1/2" horizontal chases at 16" and 45" as well as vertical chases at 4' OC. My question is this... I will obviously keep my receptacles along the 16" chase but I am wondering if I can run Romex that is part of a separate circuit in this chase and have it bypass my receptacle boxes. The panels are 6 1/2" thick and the chases will be 3 1/4" deep (in the center core of the panel). My duplex receptacle workboxes shouldn't need to be too deep for 14-3 AWG, right? In a standard conventionally framed wall, Romex NM running to other circuits seems like it could bypass boxes by being run a little higher through the studs. With the SIPs, I just want to make sure I won't need to bring conductors into or through a box that it doesn't serve.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks