Bryant Induction motor racket: DIY, bearing or full unit?

Users who are viewing this thread

a_gunslinger

Reaction score
Braynt inducer motor started making racket today. Just like the analogy of playing cards in the bike spokes description. Same sound/issue as here:

Search "Bryant Gas Furnace Inducer Motor Making Loud Clicking Noise" in Youtube.

Its a 320725-756 - Bryant Furnace Draft Inducer

When I press on the motor portion that sits on rubber grommets the noise stops. My questions:

Presuming I turn off gas, electric, pressure switch, and switch on board that senses gas, is this a DIY for a pretty savvy DIYer? Videos online dont look that bad.
Some suggest replacing the bearing on motor portion. but since the entire unti is only 250$ any reason not to repolace whole unit?

All thoughts and advice welcome!

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Did you do that video ad on purpose?

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not familiar with such units.
s-l225.jpg

I would consider looking inside to see if there was indeed something reachable that you could pull out. Maybe remnants of a bird?

Highlander

Reaction score
If it gets quiet as you press it, see if you can tighten the hex screws that hold it to the bracket (going through grommets) a bit. Vaguely remember a similar problem with a Carrier (same company in the end).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks