Broken CPVC Repair Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Omar

Reaction score
I am not a plumber at all but understand how to resolve plumbing issues. Ran into something tonight that I don't want to dive deeper into and make some silly mistake without asking first.

I found a broken slip nut under one of my sinks and when trying to remove it I noticed the pipe leading into the back wall was too loose. Further inspection lead me to a broken pipe on the wall. What would be the best course of action to replace the PVC? I was thinking of cutting the back of the sink cabinet wall to access the pipe easier.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20201206_183530.jpg
    20201206_183530.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 20201206_183625.jpg
    20201206_183625.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
CPVC is normally used for water supply lines...what you have there are PVC drainage lines.

It appears that the socket of the fitting is broken. If the socket was still intact, you could buy a special tool and ream it out so a new piece of pipe could be glued in. I don't know of any way to fix that other than to replace the fitting behind the wall. But, I'm not a pro...maybe someone has an idea...

Omar

Reaction score
CPVC is normally used for water supply lines...what you have there are PVC drainage lines.

It appears that the socket of the fitting is broken. If the socket was still intact, you could buy a special tool and ream it out so a new piece of pipe could be glued in. I don't know of any way to fix that other than to replace the fitting behind the wall. But, I'm not a pro...maybe someone has an idea...

Thank you for the correction. I will cut out some of the wood to inspect it further and assess what I will need. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks