Brine tube and the receiving end in the tank misaligned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Asker123

Reaction score
Hi there,
Trying to set up a Fleck 5810
The Brine Tank and the Big Pipe/tube that goes down in the tank and holds the float assembly both have hole in those and the brine line goes through those..
When I insert the tube, it should go straight into the float assembly where it connects using a Compression Nut .
Problem is that the entire float assembly is screwed bit low side on the pipe/tube that goes down the tank. That makes the tube not go into the assembly quite straight and I have to struggle.
One option is to put a new hole for the screw that hold the float assembly to the pipe/tube a bit higher so that the Brine line is pretty straight when it connects to the assembly.
Do you think I should do it or just push my way into the assembly as is. Its not impossible to push but I was thinking this might create stress on the components in the long run.
I can send pictures but I hope you will get what I am trying to say.
Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
I like the new hole idea. But I would want the new hole to be high enough to leave at least a hole-diameter sized space between holes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks