Brand new solenoid for humidifier - leaking?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

locus123

Reaction score
Hooked up a brand new solenoid to my humidifier. Old one was locked up. After installing this one, it's leading where the brass(?) fitting connects to the actual solenoid.

This wasn't something I assembled - it was supposed to be a simple "hook water in, hook water out" and done. The leaking piece was screwed in at the manufacturer (that i've since removed).

Should there be some pipe dope or something on these fittings? It looks like there is some kind of black stuff on the threads, but I'm not sure if that's just dirty water. I'd rather not send everything back if it's a quick fix.

Ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_6608.jpg
    IMG_6608.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_6607.jpg
    IMG_6607.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 124

Reach4

Reaction score
Hooked up a brand new solenoid to my humidifier. Old one was locked up. After installing this one, it's leading where the brass(?) fitting connects to the actual solenoid.

This wasn't something I assembled - it was supposed to be a simple "hook water in, hook water out" and done. The leaking piece was screwed in at the manufacturer (that i've since removed).

Should there be some pipe dope or something on these fittings? It looks like there is some kind of black stuff on the threads, but I'm not sure if that's just dirty water. I'd rather not send everything back if it's a quick fix.

Ideas?
Contact the seller and describe the leaking. I would not describe the extra steps you took.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks