Brand new Rinnai RSC199In making low vibrations during post-purge.

Users who are viewing this thread

limenuke0

Reaction score
Hello. I had a brand new RSC199In installed on an interior wall in my basement. During post purge, the water heater creates a low vibration that can be heard throughout the house. Because I want to have someone renting my basement out, it's important that this machine isn't too loud. I've had a navien before and don't recall hearing this sound.

The RSC199in is mounted to plywood, and the plywood is mounted to 4 studs that I've blocked up a bit. I've also called Rinnai and we've replaced the original fan (warranty), but it was still similarly bad.

I'm about to spend the $$ to have my plumber rip this water heater out and put in a Navien instead. I do worry that the Navien will do the same thing, which is the main reason I haven't had it swapped yet.

I have the tap on for the first 3-4 seconds and then I turn it off. Post purge starts immediately. Video may not have picked up the low vibration

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks