Best way to seal up toilet hole?

Users who are viewing this thread

April Moss

Reaction score
Hi,

My husband has removed the toilet in our son's bathroom and right now we just have a towel wrapped in a plastic bag stuffed in the drain hole. What is the best way to remove this/seal it up? Ideally, I'd like to just cover this up completely and use the space for a table.

Thanks,
April

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you have access to the drain from below such as a crawl space or if not, cut a hole in the floor. You would cut the pipe where it becomes horizontal and install a permanent cap on the cut end. Make sure you know what type of material the pipe is before proceding so that you have the correct tools and materials to finish the job.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
put a dollar plug in . if you're not patching the floor or doing any demo. Exposed accessible no big deal to use a dollar plug for an extended time . Its not a permanent fix but just fine for certain applications

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks