Bathtub Pitch Full Bubble?

Users who are viewing this thread

home_reno

Reaction score
Hey All.. we're in the middle of a severely delayed bathroom remodel. Long story short, I noticed the tile touching the bathtub looks a bit slanted.

On my 24" level placed in the middle, I'm getting a full bubble. Using a smaller level in the corner, its not that bad. While taking these photos I notice the uneven tile job as well.

1. Is this a full rip/remove and replace?
2. Is the tub installed correctly/level?
3. Is the pitch in the correct direction? aka towards the wall away from the room

Attached are some photos.

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-19 at 21.15.32.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-19 at 21.15.33.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-19 at 21.15.32 (1).jpeg

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
the tub is not installed correctly. It should/must be level in all directions.
When tiling, the normal process is for the tile contractor to use level sticks all around the surround, one single tile up. Then, once the entire wall is laid and stable, the bottom row is fitted in.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
That is severely out of level. If I installed that, any of my clients would be justified in making me tear it out and reinstall.

Not to be too picky, but the tile looks like it was installed by the same person who installed the tub.

1695224576913.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks